Training & Placement Procedure
Registration of Students
- Interested Students for employment should register with a placement cell to avail placement facilities of the college. Those students who do not register will be treated as not interested and they will not be allowed to attend the recruitment process.
- For Registration formalities, the student should contact their departmental Training placement representatives or student placement, representatives.
Selection of companies
Companies will be invited and scheduled by the Placement Cell on the basis of the following parameters:
- Job profile and growth prospects.
- The package is being offered by the company.
- Past record of recruitment at MIIM.
- Feedback from the Alumni regarding the company.
All the students should undergo some form of Communication/skill development training program. All the registered students should compulsorily attend such programs organized by Placement cell which would be totally free.
Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any sort of interaction with a company. Minimum formal clothes for men include a formal shirt and trousers with a tie and leather shoes. Minimum formal clothes for women include either a pair of Salwar-Kameez (no binge) or a formal shirt and trousers with a necktie.
- Students are given the choice to choose the company for placement based on their specialization subject to all conditions mentioned above.
- Once the student is placed in a company of his/her choice, he/she cannot attend any other interview directed from college whether off-campus or on campus. But it is their liberty to search for another better job by his own effort.
- Any student who doesn’t want to participate (opt-out) in the placement process should write a letter to the placement committee about the reason for withdrawal.
- Students should be ready to attend any screening program conducted by placement cell at the request of companies. Shortlisted students list only will be forwarded to companies.
- A student who applies and gets selected or shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the companies.
- The placement committee cannot/will not personally recommend to HR of any company for a job offer or placement. It fully lies in the capability of students to crack the selection process.
- Once the students are placed in a company, they have to submit the photocopy of the offer letter to the placement officer for future reference.
- Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion/ Interviews, and produce the same when demanded by visiting team or TPC staff or their representatives. Candidates must also always carry 4 copies of their resume and 2 passport size photographs for the GD/Interview of a company.
- Students should maintain discipline and decorum in every activity during the placement process.
- Under no circumstances should a student negotiate with a company executive about CTC offered during the course of the selection process. Any student violating this norm will be liable to strict disciplinary action.
- Any issues to be discussed should be forwarded to the respective Student Placement Representative and it is his/her responsibility to take it up with Placements Cell.
- every student must attend the Pre-Placement Talk(PPT) of a company in formals for which he/she has applied otherwise he/she will not be allowed to sit in the placement process of that company
- Students are expected to maintain decorum in all interactions with company officials such as PPT, written exam, and so on. Students should reach for PPT/Test/Group Discussion/Interviews on time. Also, Students will not be allowed to leave the Hall before the PPT is finished. Any student found violating this will be liable to disciplinary action.
- Students are not allowed to use mobile phones in the vicinity of a company official and also are forbidden to carry the question paper out of the examination hall after the written exam.
- Correct and verifiable information should be produced in the resume. Any student found violating this rule will be de-registered from the Placement Session.
A student found adopting unfair means of any kind in placement procedure of any company the following policy will be adopted:
- The student will be debarred from participating in the recruitment process of that company and the next 10 companies he/she has applied to and/or shortlisted.
- The students shall be prepared to attend off-campus interviews being arranged by the Placement cell at Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Mumbai, and Kochi or at any other place as the situation demands at their own expenses.
Following contingencies may occur:
- The company may want the selected candidate to complete the entire course before joining. That would be the best alternative and supported by the institute in the interest of the company and the student. Students will take full advantage and complete the course in full earnest.
- Early placement is permitted after the internal examinations of the last semester. However, students will be required to complete the last semester. and appear in internal exams or complete the assignments with the teacher to qualify for the award of Degree. Special cases will be considered by Director in consultation with the faculty if the situation demands.
- Once any student takes up a job with any company, the student must work at least 12 months with the recruiter to maintain the relationship between the institute and the industry.
Tips for Good Career
Tips to make a good career in Engineering: Academics
Build up your persona (Non-Academic part of you):
- Eligibility requirements from big Corporates are 60 to 65 % aggregate marks with 0, 1, or 2 ATKTs. Better academics will always help in performing the Job better (if you are selected!!)
- The selection process of Tier 1 IT companies is almost non-technical. Once you are eligible, they select on the basis of good Soft Skills like Communication skills, Discipline, Leadership, Body language, Expertise in English, Team spirit, Time management, etc.
- The companies who are into Core Business Domains select on the basis of Technical Written test as well as screening for above Soft Skills.
- The above skills can be developed over a period of time by participating in various Training & extracurricular activities & in college and outside.
- Participate & perform well in various Student Competitions of Corporates. It is an alternate way of getting selected by them.
Have a clear vision of what you want to do after your diploma and BPT a Business, Job, MBA, job in Gujarat, or anywhere in India/world.
Remember, only academics will never get you a job.